Business Travel Packing Routine

I didn't think I would be flying so much to get status at the age of 30. Honestly, it is both really cool and really tiring. Over the past couple of years I developed a packing routine which helps when I have to bounce around 3 different states/countries 3 weeks straight at times.



1. TSA pre-check, Mobile passport and travel friendly credit card

TSA pre-check makes the security check easy breezy. You can go through a different/faster line than everybody else without taking off of shoes and lightweight jacket. You can also keep laptops, other electronic devices and toiletries inside your bags.

Downloading Mobile passport when entering the US allow you to walk through the Global Entry line so it's way faster. It's free and can save a couple of hours of waiting to get through customs. 

Some credit cards allow you to use VIP rooms, where they serve fruit, coffee and even breakfast. It feels fancy and prestigious. ;)


2. Getting a lightweight luggage with 4 wheels. And using packing cubes really helps.

For a while I was using my trusty heavy duty luggage but I found myself struggle to lift it up to the overhead compartment on the airplane. I decided to get this 21-inch luggage that weighs less than 6 lbs. It has made my life so much easier. 

Packing cubes are a convenient invention. Not only does it make packing way more organized and fun, it also really saves space. I notice a huge difference especially after I down sized to a 21-inch luggage.


3. Capsule wardrobe

Finding blazers, work pants and blouses that really fits well and not easily wrinkled is crucial. Most of my formal clothing are neutral colors like black, navy, burgundy, gray and white. This makes packing for a week straight of workday, conferences and visiting customers very easy. Everything goes together nicely without having to bring repeating items.

I will typically wear a pair of flats to the airport, and pack a pair of heels for those important meetings. In winters I will switch to ankle boots to remain warm and polished.



4. Pack a set of pajama. Don't forget slippers.

The best feeling is after a long day of meetings, going back to a nice/neat room and changing into comfy PJ's. It makes me really relaxed and feel at ease.


5. Pack travel size everything

From skin care, makeup to charger, bring travel size versions. I have skipped some skin care items because the original packages were too big and I immediately regretted it after the first day. Because pimples on my face started to act up!



I am pretty happy with my packing routine now. I can get everything done in about 20-25 mins. There is of course still room for improvement, for example some of my coworkers will always bring gym wear and they exercise literally all over the world. That will be my next goal - to not change my healthy lifestyle just because work brings me away from home.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
A Ca





Comments

Most Read Story