Best moments of 2017

2017 was a very stimulating year. This is the year that I finally feel belong and present in the little valley that I lived at for the past 3 years. It is also a year where I traveled the most for work, inside the US and around the world. I was excited and challenged.

Here are some best moments of 2017

A girls trip to Bali with my girl friends from college. We relaxed and caught up on everyone's life by the pool for an entire afternoon, we slept until we want to wake up, we had way too many massage (not that I am complaining ;)). We wanted to go on a trip together before any of us get married. I am so fortunate to have these friends staying close throughout the years.


I went to Vancouver for an industry conference this year. It's not particularly a big or extravagant conference. However, to me it is very important and special. I got a lot of inspiration for the strategy I set out for our segment going forward. The seeds I planted started to sprout although still plenty of hurdles and storms around. A random turnout of this year was that I got to go to Mexico once, Canada twice and Germany for 3 times. Just last year I was worrying about job security due to an acquisition of the company I work for.


Another highlight is when my little sister came to the US for her master degree. We spent more time together than we ever have since the past 5 years. Glad to have her close by. And glad to be a big sister. Life study abroad is not easy. Unfortunately I can only tell her that it will only get harder going forward. She is a very strong and brave person. I have confidence in her to get stronger and create a path of her own.


I have to shout out to my gel pal in the West coast. Love our long distance friendship. Love that we can get together now and then and have the best time. Love that you share with me on your adventures rock climbing and kicking butts at work. Wish you a stimulating 2018 and to achieve all the goals you set out for yourself!


I don't say enough and I don't let it show enough of how much my family means to me. I love my family from the bottom of my heart. The thing I missed the most of my hometown is every weekend get together with my aunts and uncles and cousins. We took turns to each other's place to catch up in life, politics and funny moments throughout the week. This is how I grew up and I cherish every single memory we created together.


We planned a romantic trip to Greece this year. The peaceful Santorini days helped balance out my stressful works schedules. When I close my eyes, I can imagine going back to our hotel room, walk outside to the deck, look out to the ocean and the little volcano island, sit under the umbrella, and write to my friends or read. The breeze is gentle and warm, and I am relaxed.


2018 will be an amazing year. Planners like you and I, we have the first 3 quarters of the year planned out. I can't wait to start another chapter in life with you. <3 In 2018, I want to learn how to not let work define me. I want to focus in life outside of work. Oh, and the same resolution like any other year, I want to spend more time writing my blog!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Most Read Story