Lincoln Center - The Silk Road Ensemble with Yo-Yo Ma

This almost remind me of the Cinderella story where everyone leaves the castle after the 12 o'clock bell rings. 

The pool fountain in front of the castle is where wishes have come true/dreams have been crushed.
Layering is the only way to get through this vicious winter.
Camel Coat – Vintage from my mom (similar)
Blazer with gold buttons – Zara years ago (similar)
Olive Green Top – Zara  (similar)
Gold Necklace – Ann Taylor
Sequence Skirt – Boutique in Taiwan (similar)


I went to Yo-Yo Ma's concert the weekend after Valentine's Day. My friend happened to have an extra ticket so he was kind enough to bring me there. Lincoln Center is by far one of the most beautiful places I have been to in New York City. It's the glass window all the way to the floor, it's the fountain with dreamy lighting, it's the events happened/happening here, and it's the talented people and participants that made this place so special.

The performance of Yo-Yo Ma's concert surrounded with the concept of the Silk Road, one of my favorite periods/events in the history. I think it is one of the earlier versions of globalization. Due to the need/want of trading silk, tea and spices, people took camels and walk all the way through the Far East (Japan and China) through the Middle East all the way to Milan, Italy. The commerce ventured through the Silk Road that inspired Yo-yo Ma. He came up with this idea of combining the various exotic music, instruments and musicians with Western Sting orchestra to perform music in a way that creates a different kind of spark. Although I don't think I am someone who enjoys String Orchestra too much. I am absolutely intrigued by this concept of fusion music style because I think in a way it symbolized the fusion of different culture. Imagine the communication through music between the talented musicians who have these language barriers but somehow managed to work together and perform inspiring music that draw people coming from around the world to appreciate.


I had such a great time that night.


-by A-ca


Comments

Most Read Story