Hello 2015

What a belated happy new year and new year resolution. I have a perfect excuse of traveling and meeting friends and family through out the entire holiday season. I think it is finally a time for me to have a reflection of this past year.

2014 is another transition year for me.
I was constantly feeling challenged with life and trying very hard to create a new form of comfort.
The day after graduation ceremony, my parents and I started driving from the Mid-West to the East Coast. I moved to a city that is on the right boarder of Pennsylvania and started my young professional life in a town that I know no one of. It is exactly like two years ago when I go back to Business school in Purdue University. I started my life where I know no one.
The better thing about this time is that I started to work. So I can afford to shape my life the way I envision it to be.
I moved in to a beautiful two bedroom apartment all by myself. Sooner than later I realized that a big apartment doesn't make me happy. Sometimes I woke up in the middle of the night and felt utterly lonely. I started questioning my decision and missing all my friends and family. The thing is that my friends and family are scattered across the world... So there isn't one place that I can go and have them all around me. I think that's one of the drivers that kept me going. I realized that I just have to be independent and make conscious effort to reach out to them to keep the relationship going without being physically present around them. Interestingly, I felt much closer to them in my heart,especially with my family.

And then I started to travel a whole lot. I went to New York City every other weekends, went to Houston to visit my aunt's family, went to Chicago to a friends wedding, went to DC to hangout with friends from old time. I even went to Cornell University in Ithaca, NY for the Forth of July weekend which is quite a different experience from the rest. It is not a very resting life I would say since I was constantly packing and unpacking for weekend trips. But looking back from the end of 2014 it has been absolutely fantastic. It is a time that I can be free from worrying about money, time and other people and just truly focusing on being myself and growing as an individual.
Luckily, I have also made some good friends here in Pennsylvania. One of my closest friend actually decided to move in with me. I am very happy about it since I was always looking forward to living with a friend. I can see many house parties coming alone!
 Oh and my career, that's the big reason that I am where I am. I love the fact that I have the opportunity to really apply business school knowledge in work. Working with a group of highly ethical people who truly care is very motivating to me. I have a wonderful boss who allows me to explore as much as I find need to and appreciate what I have done and give me more opportunity whenever I reach out. A truly fatherly creature so to speak.
To sum up, in 2014, I started to know myself much better than I ever did that I feel comfortable in my own skin. So thank you 2014 for being such an unique year for me at the age of 26.
And hello 2015, I have some new goals that I would like to achieve this year. First thing is that I have equipped myself with a new camera and computer. I want to keep up on this journey of my blog and take it to the next level.

A-Ca




Comments

Most Read Story