The best moments of 2018

There are a few defining moments of my life in 2018.



First and foremost, I got engaged to my fiancé and we moved into a house we bought together! It is a huge milestone for us. We are learning to consider each other's needs, compromise on things and respect our individual spaces. We are also planning a wedding together next year. The entire process is allowing me to get to know myself better. We are taking our time on the wedding planning because we don't want to forget to enjoy every step of the way. I am very lucky to find a man who is mature while still remaining a child at heart.


Work has advanced to the next level. Not that I got any major promotion this year. (I wish!) But I am learning that things take time. In Chinese there is a saying - timing天時, place地利 and people人和 are the three key ingredients to success. I am learning that however great the "strategy" we set out together, it never really overrides the economy. And the economy is highly depending upon politics. Needless to say it was an interesting year.

In addition to doing my job well, I am learning to help other people succeed. To see things from their perspective and find ways to motivate without managing. I am also trying to "enjoy" the people I work with.

For work, I traveled all over the US to 15+ cities. I also went to Canada, Mexico, China and Germany for business. It was the first time I got airline, hotel and rental car status. Growing up, seeing how my parents developed their own successful career, I always thought traveling around the world for work is a goal of mine. Now that I am living it, it doesn't feel nearly as exhilarating as I thought it would. It is way more exhausting than I thought. Ha!



Out of all the trips we went on this year, my favorite has to be Napa Valley. I wrote another post about this so no need to go on and on about it. It was the California sunshine and the love from friends and family that made it extra special.



My new year's resolution is the same as last year. I wish all my loved ones to be happy and healthy. I want to travel less and grow deeper roots in this town we now call home. And the big thing next year - to share our love with friends and family during our wedding!!


Comments

Most Read Story