Chicago Obsession


Chicago is the closest big city to Purdue University (3 hrs driving distance) and by far one of my favorite city in the United States. I have been to Chicago the forth time this year. I love the architecture and the seriousness of Chicago. There are a lot of tall buildings, (oh, I love skyrocket buildings) and display arts. The architectures are either very Rome inspired (exist before the Chicago fire) or entirely made by glasses (made after the fire). 

 Also, there are many museums in the city and and many events in the millennium park, especially the music events during the summer. 



Last but not least, Chicago seems to be the only place that I can feel the hustle bustle of a city. In the beginning of my B-school years, I wondered a lot if I have made the right choice to come to the mid-west for master degree. I left Taipei, Taiwan so I can be competing against people around the world and face more challenges. Somehow I felt like I am trapped in a small college town. This thought has been proof wrong so enough. I have gotten everything I wanted in the end. But when I was sad and frustrated, the lovely Chicago is only 3 hrs away.



These are pictures we took during the trip in this summer. We kind of formed a routine along the Michigan Avenue after this trip. Start with a visit in the Art Institution of Chicago in the morning after breakfast. Take a walk in the millennium park. Walk across the bridge and take a picture with the Chicago river. Shop along the Michigan Avenue. Dinner at Purple pig, a Mediterranean cuisine. And then go to John Hancock Building for the breath-taken night scene.







Comments

  1. such a beautiful city! hope i'll visit there any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be great!! We will have a great deal of fun!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most Read Story